I was born and raised on a small, family farm on the west side of Portland, Oregon. My whole family was entrepreneurial and often the conversation we would have around the kitchen table was about business ideas and how to start it.
I started to write a blog of thoughts, ideas and opinions. Kitchen Table Finances is a place for me to share my story and navigate my own personal finance story as I pay off debt, get rid of student loans and grow in financial independence.
LOVE WHAT YOU DO. DO WHAT YOU LOVE
Why Kitchen Table Finances?
Life happens around the kitchen table. We eat meals with friends and family. We carry on conversations throughout the day and into the late night hours. We budget and pay bills. We help our kids with homework or activities.
This blog is my invitation for you to join me at the kitchen table to hear my personal finance story, to discuss life, plans, expenses, budgets and dreams.
Random Facts About Me
- I have traveled to 27 different countries.
- On one of my flights in 2016, someone’s cell phone once exploded and caused a fire in the cabin at 36,000 ft.
- I love to make pies and create in the kitchen.
- I can’t whistle.
- My first car came from a garage sale. It cost $600 and lasted for 2 years!
- Coffee is my drink of choice!
Stay In Touch
I would love to hear from you! Feel free to shoot me an email with your story or just say hi!